During this unprecedented time when anxiety, stress, and depression are skyrocketing, we at Blue Mountain Psychiatry have received countless calls, messages, and questions from our existing patients and others who want to know how to access our services in light of the coronavirus pandemic.
Rest assured that we're here for you in these troubling times. Throughout the U.S., healthcare providers are considered an essential service and are required to remain open. And people are allowed to make appointments with healthcare professionals even if "Shelter at Home" rules are in effect.
For your health and safety as well as for the well-being of our staff and physicians, we have implemented several interim processes, including the following:
1. We have temporarily reduced the number of on-site personnel and have introduced social distancing practices in all of our clinics.
2. Our staff are wearing masks and practicing hand sanitizing per CDC regulations.
3. We are cleaning the clinics multiple times per day.
4. Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation appointments are still taking place in our clinics, however, you can choose to do a clinical evaluation now and do your brain scans at a later date if that makes you more comfortable.
5. All aspects of our clinical evaluations can now be performed in the comfort of your own home.
6. We have transitioned most follow-up appointments to telephone or video conferencing. Please understand that this is not a new practice for us. While many traditional psychiatric and healthcare providers are scrambling to learn how to offer digital services, Blue Mountain Psychiatry has been utilizing mental telehealth practices for many years. In our 20+ years of clinical practice, we have helped patients from all over Pennsylvania. This means our highly trained physicians are experts in providing the highest quality care-whether it's in person, on the phone, or via the internet.
If you're struggling but feel like you have to wait for life to get back to normal before addressing your mental healthcare needs, know that you don't have to continue suffering.
Help is available for you now.
At Blue Mountain Psychiatry, we offer in-clinic and Telehealth services (via telephone and video conferencing) to help our patients. Find out more by speaking to a specialist today at 610-253-2500.